JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screenshot path will not save

(Topic created: 02-20-2023 08:18 PM)
Vanillarice1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I got my S23+ this month and all was well. All of a sudden now I cannot save screenshots to a screenshot folder. It keeps going to Internal storage/DCIM/Pictures.  I have altered the pathway several times by going to Advanced Features and even selecting an established album. I am so frustrated that this might be what makes me break up with Samsung. Can someone please help me? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BlkJmsBnd
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
In the past 2 weeks there was an update to the gallery and I experienced the same issue. The internal storage folder album shows up at the bottom of the list in the gallery. Before you do something as drastic as severing ties with Samsung over one issue you could simply just press and hold on the screenshot, tap move to album, select screenshot folder and problem solved until Samsung sends out a patch to update the gallery.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
BlkJmsBnd
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
In the past 2 weeks there was an update to the gallery and I experienced the same issue. The internal storage folder album shows up at the bottom of the list in the gallery. Before you do something as drastic as severing ties with Samsung over one issue you could simply just press and hold on the screenshot, tap move to album, select screenshot folder and problem solved until Samsung sends out a patch to update the gallery.
Vanillarice1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Man thanks for your reply. I actually saw it this morning. It was the weirdest thing because it definitely wasn't there last night. I kept checking the file path and everything. And thanks for being the voice of reason, me and Samsung are ok for now haha. 

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Try to update your gallery app on Galaxy store.

Vanillarice1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey, thanks for being helpful! I did check that and it was up to date. But I'm all good now. The album was showing all the way at the bottom of my gallery. IDK what changed between then and now, but It definitely wasn't there when I checked last night. 

0 Likes