JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Security Update 17 fraud.

(Topic created: 05-19-2024 09:04 PM)
none1111
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

Warning: the security update is a bait and switch to put games and programs like Pinterest on your device.

Adults don't play video games and kids shouldn't be provided them without parental consent.

Also forcing junk programs like Pinterest is bad business. Adult would download them if they wanted them and children shouldn't be exposed to them without parental consent and supervision.
10 Replies
camb8
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Not me
0 Likes
none1111
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
They annoyed me until I downloaded the security update for this month (released the 5th), then put games and Pinterest on my phone. Every security update they keep sneaking in games and other useless programs.

I am an adult man, I don't play video games, and if I wanted Pinterest, I would have downloaded it.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Do not obtain a carrier device. Carriers are financially supported by developers to install these bloated applications on your device, which is one of the reasons they offer such discounts for devices. Some individuals choose to pay full price to avoid having this type of application installed on their equipment.
none1111
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I unfortunately didn't pick out my device.
0 Likes
camb8
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Well usually some apps Come pre-installed when you get the phone But how long have you had the phone for and for like the gaming, like if you got gaming hub and you don't have installed nothing. They usually always end up having preinstalled games thru the gaming hub that it's just useless
0 Likes
none1111
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Like any sane person as part of setting up my phone, I deleted apps I have no interest in and permanently deactivate anything that I can't.

Thst doesn't relate to the unwanted downloads connected to a security update.
camb8
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Well, i'm kinda doing that too and that's kinda smart
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
You would need to discuss this with your carrier since they are the ones adding the Games and apps to the update. If you purchase an unlocked model directly from Samsung, you don't get added apps and games added with updates

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
yeah, Verizon especially is notorious for this. I have never had bloatware automatically download on factory unlocked models.