Original topic:

Selecting app

(Topic created: 08-29-2024 02:18 PM)
userPcJD73UJ5D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I have a question about opening documents on my Samsung S23 Plus. Attached is a screenshot of the apps I can choose to open a document. What happens is sometimes the Rainbird or printer app are the only apps that appear. These apps don't open documents. Is there a way to add apps I would need to open documents? Can I also remove apps from this list? I don't want the Rainbird or wallet app as an option. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@userPcJD73UJ5D You can't directly modify that list. An app creator registers with the OS what type of files that they can handle. When you get to this screen the OS is showing you that list of applicable apps. 

If an app appears which can't open the type of file that you are trying to open, that app developer needs to fix their app. 

You can install apps on your phone which will open a particular type of document and then they will appear in the list in the future. 

The only way to modify that list is by installing and removing apps from your device. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@userPcJD73UJ5D You can't directly modify that list. An app creator registers with the OS what type of files that they can handle. When you get to this screen the OS is showing you that list of applicable apps. 

If an app appears which can't open the type of file that you are trying to open, that app developer needs to fix their app. 

You can install apps on your phone which will open a particular type of document and then they will appear in the list in the future. 

The only way to modify that list is by installing and removing apps from your device. 

annvaessa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
My email is not connecting to my new phone
0 Likes