JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

September security patch

(Topic created: 09-07-2023 02:50 PM)
Options
Galaxy S23
Anyone else experiencing increased battery drain after the September security update? As well as some features not working properly. Example, I went to go turn on extra brightness and it took approximately 10 minutes for it to turn on.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Have there been any other glitches? Try this. With the phone powered off, press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition and then power to select and confirm. Returning to the previous menu screen, use volume keys to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select and confirm if necessary. This will reindex all apps on your device.

View solution in context

12 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Have there been any other glitches? Try this. With the phone powered off, press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition and then power to select and confirm. Returning to the previous menu screen, use volume keys to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select and confirm if necessary. This will reindex all apps on your device.
Options
Galaxy S23
I didn't think about the repair apps option. I'll give that a shot and see how that goes.
Options
Galaxy S23
I knew about the menu using the volume+power but never noticed the the repair apps option until you mentioned it lol
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, it's easy to forget about lol. Did this end up working for you?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Apps seem to be functioning normally. I'm gonna keep on the battery drain over the next few days.
0 Likes
TimmA64
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I was noticing the battery drain as well and I did this and it seems to have repaired it. Still going to keep an eye on it. But so far so good
userk7r0KmXJkl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Battery fast dying and hit all the time
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Wiping the cashe helped out a lot for me
0 Likes
Sarge2
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I have always followed the procedure outlined by VerbumVeritum after every security system update for years on various Samsung phones and have not had any issues.
I also do it once through out the period between updates and keeps my phones running nicely and clears out any temp files etc taking up memory.
Just a nice little habit to get into.
0 Likes