JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Set Ringtone Has Disappeared From Contacts

(Topic created: 08-31-2023 11:08 AM)
Alikhat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I was trying to add a new contact and discovered that the Ringtones option has completely disappeared from editing in Contacts. The old contacts still show their individual ringtones (and the ringtones work when someone calls me) and I can still see the ringtones under "Sounds & Vibrations". But when I tap "edit" in Contacts, Ringtones does not come up.

I've looked up help videos that mention a sound picker app. My phone doesn't show it (or any way to get to system apps). Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same version and I may see the confusion here: you're in the "view more" additions in the edit screen of the contact. Back out of the edit screen until you're just looking at the individual contact, and in the bottom right is the 3-dot More menu these nice folks are talking about. That's where you should see
Delete
QR code
Edit default contact info
Block contact
Edit call background
*Change ringtone/vibration*
Select video call method.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context

13 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Open the contacts app. Go to the contact you wish to edit the ringtone for. Select the three dots "More" lower right corner. You should see an option to change ringtone/vibration. 🙂
userRn4YefmXfz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi, Open a contact in Contacts app and click on More > Change ringtone/vibration
Screenshot_20230831_112945_Contacts.jpg
Alikhat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

It's not there. Doesn't exist. There IS NO ringtone option when I tap "more". If there was, I wouldn't have a problem.

Alikhat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

SM-S918U

0 Likes
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
By any chance are you able to post a screenshot of what you see? Or can you tell me what version of contacts you're using? (Long press the app and go to app info?)
0 Likes
Alikhat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Version 14.7.09

Alikhat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

No. I'm writing this on my PC. When I tap "View More" i just get the following:

Important Dates
Relationships
Notes
Website
Messenger Accounts

That's it. No Ringtones.

Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same version and I may see the confusion here: you're in the "view more" additions in the edit screen of the contact. Back out of the edit screen until you're just looking at the individual contact, and in the bottom right is the 3-dot More menu these nice folks are talking about. That's where you should see
Delete
QR code
Edit default contact info
Block contact
Edit call background
*Change ringtone/vibration*
Select video call method.

I hope this helps!
Alikhat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Okay, I can reach ringtones from there. But I used to be able to access it from the edit menu under the individual contacts and that has disappeared.

Is that a glitch with my phone, or just some new pointless and inconvenient change Samsung made in their last update?