Original topic:

Side key press & hold WAY too sensitive since UI 6 system update ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

(Topic created: 12-04-2023 05:58 AM)
Volofu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Ever since the UI 6 update, the side button sensitivity is a constant problem and no fix available. The duration you have to hold it down for to activate Google Assistant, Bixby, etc. is SOOOO short. Anything more than a few milliseconds held down and it's activated. Need a way to adjust this setting!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ Any advice in the interim welcomed, but honestly I've looked everywhere for a settings adjustment and there isn't one available.
3 Replies
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out. I can understand the inconvenience and frustration of having Bixby or Google Assistant opening when you don't want them too, and would like to look into this for you further. After an update, it may be a good idea to repair apps and clear your device's cache partition. This helps keeps device behavior acting more smoothly. Try these steps:
 - Power off your device.
 - While the device is powered off, simultaneously press and hold the power and volume up buttons. 
 - Once the Samsung logo appears, release both buttons. Your device should boot into recovery mode. 

Using the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select: 

- Navigate to "wipe cache partition" and press power. 
 - Select yes to confirm. 
 - Navigate down to "Repair apps" and press power. 

If the above troubleshooting isn't helpful, please submit an error report via the Samsung Members app. This guide details the steps to do so: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-send-an-error-report/

Volofu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Just followed your instructions and it didn't work. Please create a setting to set a custom hold time!! ๐Ÿ™†โ€:male_sign:๐Ÿ™
user003bdOvM5K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue.  Very annoying.  Activates Bixby every time I unlock the phone.  May give up using the button for now until the next update.