Original topic:

Software Update Greyed Out.. Again

(Topic created: 12-03-2023 07:43 AM)
Mr-C
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
So for the third time, once in Beta Test, once after Offical Update to ui 6.0 and now out of nowhere again for the third time. Software update greyed out. NON-FUNCTIONAL. Dead ad yesterday's news. How doI get back to 5.1
 My impatience is not a missing function which will get fixed. It's the repeated random errors to something that should not be a problem. Wasn't the purpose of beta testing to fix even the most basic stuff like....well like the update function actually working. I know there are no current updates, that's not the point. Something that should work, period doesn't. That the fruit looping point.
2 Replies
cr8tive
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Opt out of beta if it allows you. The current beta has ended. Reboot phone after you opt out, (if it lets you), go back to software update and see if it has change. Not sure if this is what's causing it but figured I would chime in. Let me know if it worked.
0 Likes
Mr-C
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Problem solved: A third-party app was the culprit. Its license had expired and would disable software update. The app has been deleted, and everything is all clear.
0 Likes