Original topic:

Switch Keyboard button missing in notifications

(Topic created: 11-07-2023 06:42 AM)
user6XfPUIM55P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

After upgrading to Android 14 on my S23, i miss the button in the notification area, to switch the keyboard. When OneUI 5.x was installed, there was a kind of minimized notification in the notifications area where you could switch the keyboard. This button no longer exists, at least not on my device. Is this just an option that has to be switched on somewhere? If so, where can I find this option?

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
1. Tap Settings
2. Navigate to Apps
3. Navigate to your preferred Keyboard app
4. Tap Default App
5. Set your preferred Keyboard as your Default Keyboard
0 Likes
user6XfPUIM55P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have tried that, but it didn't work. I often have to change the keyboard for a few minutes at short intervals. I would like to have the button back in the notifications.

neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Report your issue in the beta forum, not here.
0 Likes
user6XfPUIM55P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

This is no beta. Its the standard Android 14

Meofurrion
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I also need the notification back. I don't like using the navigation bar so the notification is the only way for me to switch between tons of keyboards from different apps. Now I'm forced to use the navigation bar to do that. It's extremely annoying. It's the official version, not beta. 

Ttn1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Under general management>keyboard list and default>show button to hide keyboard, activate this. After that when you type your keyboard, you will see a small icon somewhere below the screen. When you press the icon it will allow you to switch different keyboard. Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Meofurrion
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
The problem is, I, need, the, notification, one, not, the, button, that, takes, extra, space
2punts
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes, I know the setting and I have it activated, but it still doesn't work. It's a bug for OneUI 6.0. Someone knows how to fix it?

Konstantin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the same problem after update to Android 14. The notification is missing and I have to enable a button on the navigation bar. It looks like a bug and very inconvenient now.