Original topic:

Switching to Samsung Messages without my contacts getting old text messages?

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 08:25 AM)
user0aQeWU1iM2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi everyone. You've helped before, hope you can help again.

I use Next Sms as my text app. I want to switch to Samsung Messages. However when I did this once before, many of my contacts were bombarded with old text messages when I made the switch. Obviously I want to avoid this. Any suggestions so this doesn't happen again? Thanks. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah! Has happened to me before. I don't think there is an option out of that. Your other text app may had filters to avoid that within the app
user0aQeWU1iM2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks. Does deleting text messages help?
0 Likes
dawn63
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey everyone. I'm having trouble getting and sending group text and now having trouble sending and receiving photos from individuals. I need help bad. I use my group texting for church groups. And use photos for my work. Please help
0 Likes
user0aQeWU1iM2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
When I got my s23 ultra last year, I had to change text apps because my watch wouldn't receive them. Did you recently get a new phone or change text apps?
0 Likes
Member23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I am also unable to send group messages, they all come in as group messages but each has to be sent separately although I fixed that issue within my settings, it never worked.
0 Likes
dawn63
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes but it was doing it before I got the new phone.
0 Likes
BellaandButterfly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi all. I am new to a Samsung phone and messaging. I am unable to successfully attach GIFS or stickers and not have the message fail. Any advice? TIA
0 Likes
Member23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
This also happened to me and it would jump back to the same date randomly on every single text message, I did a factory reset on my phone to fix it. I also changed from Samsung messages to Google messages.
0 Likes