JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text message notification diff from all other notifications

(Topic created: 05-24-2024 03:57 AM)
AlphaRooster
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I used to always set my incoming text message notification sound different from all other app notifications for either/both Samsung Messages and/or Google Messages. I prefer Samsung as it is a Samsung phone but, either way it seems an update (I think) made it so you can't set the Notification sound different from the general Notification sound anymore or am I missing something? 

There's the Samsung Messages app -^

... and here's the Google Messages app -^

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
To get "Notification categories" back, go to Settings >> Notifications >> Advanced settings >> toggle this "Manage notification categories for each app" on

View solution in context

7 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
In Samsung Messages, click on notification categories to configure notifications for individual conversations. 1716548956500.jpg1716549051295.jpg
angschrof
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
The "Notification Categories" section that you circled in red is no longer available on certain Samsung models.šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€:female_sign:
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
If you have Android 14 / OneUI 6, there's a setting that needs to be toggled on.

Go to Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings. At the bottom of the page, there's a toggle called "Manage notification categories for each app". Make sure that this is toggled on.

I'm baffled as to why this defaults to "off". I'm pretty sure everyone uses this feature. 1716928692406.jpg
angschrof
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh my goodness, YES!! Thank you so much for clarifying that for me!!šŸ˜Š It baffles me too that they just made that harder than what it needs to be. Again, thank you.šŸ’›
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. šŸ™‚
Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
To get "Notification categories" back, go to Settings >> Notifications >> Advanced settings >> toggle this "Manage notification categories for each app" on
AlphaRooster
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I could only accept one but you both helped me thank you