Original topic:

Two ringtones when using hearing aids.

(Topic created: 02-14-2024 12:54 PM)
SisterintheMIddle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Just upgraded from Galaxy S9 to S23. I picked a ringtone which sounds when I am not using my Phonak Audeo M hearing aids, but when I have them on, I get two ringtones at the same time - a generic one in my ears, and the one I chose on the phone.  The same thing happens with text notifications - a generic tone in my ear, and the one I chose on the phone. How can I sync them, so that I only get the ring and notification tones that I want?  

28 Replies
SisterintheMIddle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

My S9 went dead, so I would assume it is not paired.

SisterintheMIddle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi, Angel, No, it doesn't show up.

SisterintheMIddle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I think I need to get my hearing aids to full charge and try this tomorrow.  I will let you know how it goes.  Thank you!

Options
Galaxy S23
You're welcome!!! You can search in the members app, too.1707949948572.jpg1707949948630.jpg
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

I assume your Phonak hearing aids have a companion app available in the Play Store. Smart Things is a useless app when it comes to hearing aids. (I wear Oticon hearing aids.) If I were in your situation, I would reach out to my audiologist who should be completely conversant with the hearing aid brand he/she sold you and the attendant companion apps (iOS or Android) that help you manage the aids.

SisterintheMIddle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

They do have an app.  I have to look at that more tomorrow. I contacted Phonak US - not helpful, and Phonak overseas (Switzerland?), and they were more helpful, but eventually told me to talk to my audiologist. I stopped in today and they checked and said it wasn't possible....  I'm not giving up yet.  May try my service provider, as well.   

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
look to Phonak and your audiologist. I've noticed that a truck load of hearing aid manufacturers come out of Denmark. (what's up with that? lol) don't waste your time on your service provider. they are not remotely conversant on what you need. trust me, or don't trust me. I'm hard of hearing, and streaming from one's hearing aids is a total c***shoot. good luck 👍🏻. (for the record, after spending $4.2K on my Oticon aids, they're only good as hearing aids. I still have to use my Buds2 Pro earbuds for serious work with my phone (S24U).)
SisterintheMIddle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I am wondering if some kind of software update will fix the problem.  I'll keep working on it. Thank you!

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
it's certainly possible there's a firmware update that could help. for that, you'd have to check with your audiologist.