Original topic:

USBC to Headphone Jack adapters ALL fail

(Topic created: 04-15-2024 11:06 AM)
CUTTaRUGG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Does anyone know of a good usb-c to 1/8 in headphone jack adapter that doesn't fail when placed into a pocket?

I use headphones for my DJ business and for personal listening. I finally relented to the s23 from my S10 thinking I could just use adapters. But all the adapters that I'm buying from China on Amazon stop working if placed into my pocket or if shuffled at all. Seems to be a static issue with the cables not being fully secure.
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
In my opinion, relying on ANY USB-C dongle is a short term solution at best. It's just the nature of the design of the port. The longer the adapter, the worse the side play will be so you may try to find the shortest and highest rated on Amazon or you can completely eliminate the issue for good and switch headphones that use a USB-C connector instead of any jack. Ideally, any accessory for USB-C, you're going to want it to be a native USB-C accessory, otherwise you will usually hit this issue. Even happens with my tiny USB-C to USB-A adapter but absolutely zero disconnects on my USB-C tipped SSD. It's not ideal to have to switch to a new connector type but once it's done, it's well worth just doing it from the start instead of wasting more money on dongles that will most definitely fail at its task.
0 Likes
CUTTaRUGG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I got a usb-c to 1/8" short cable with no adapter and the music is still cutting out on me.
0 Likes