JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update Needed for the camera

(Topic created: 06-17-2023 07:08 AM)
purewaykayy333
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

If Samsung doesn't start updating their software to cater to creators iPhones lead on users with flaship phones is only going to increase

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

6 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Just shouting that Samsung needs to "update" their software without actually specifying what you feel is lacking is not helpful.
purewaykayy333
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
You got a point, give me a few mins to gother some of the points I feel it's lacking in its software.. appreciate the response tho, it was really just a test post to see how responsive the community on here really is
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
No it's completely helpful as Samsung does need to update their software. Especially the software regarding the Google play store and the android part of the phone as the updates that are available for all android devices list many harmful pre-installed apps that need to be addressed immediately
purewaykayy333
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
A few quick updates I think is needed. One is the camera. I think the blur for portrait style pictures and videos coud be updated a little better to give us a more quality depth perception between the subject and blurred background. Next part of the camera is the lack of automated options. Like "Loop", "Bounce" and "Long Exposure". These can be accomplished with Samsungs devices by downloading and utilizing third party apps on the Play Store. iPhone having it integrated to be a part of their cameras OS right out of the box relieves the struggle of having to outsource other apps. In which a percentage of third party apps are known to contain malware or having to be purchased to offer the finished product without a water mark. These things can be a huge pain, especially digging the through the apps. If Samsung could take away the guess work by offering the same automated features for their camera, out of the box would be a huge plus. Which brings me to my next opinion. Samsung needs a ProCreate ASAP. I'm aware there are some apps that mimic ProCreate but they're definitely not ProCreate. In my opinion there has yet to be a developer to get it correct. Samsung can and should develop their own dedicated version to Samsung devices that offers ALL the same features ProCreate offers, with a similar layout. If done correctly this would definitely grab the attention of creators and bring on new users and content created about the devices offerings. And last would be the apps. Apps that can be downloaded to both Apple and Samsung devices so to speak. Apples versions of those apps seem to be more clean and crisp with some even having additional features pertaining to the OS of the device itself. The apps are more polished overall, in favor of the Apple device. With Samsungs Galaxy series being its flagship models I think they should offer the same. It gives the user the perception that they're using and operating a more luxurious and premium device in which I think Samsung Galaxy models are in need of to separate themselves from the rest of their models and other phones the same great way Apple has done with its devices.

Having an app like the one we're on as such, where the community of Samsung users can interact to offer additional help to others and have a way for the community to communicate on what we think Samsung should add to it's devices and OS is a HUGE step in the right direction especially for the ecosystem. I think they should put a tad bit more focus on this and highlight that they listen and cater to their community with their next upcoming devices.

Though these are just a few minor updates that were quickly thought up. None the less all of these updates would substantially cater to creators in a number of ways while adding value to their devices and the ecosystem. While also offering the chance and ability to onboard more users and expand the community.

Respectfully, these are just my opinions on what I think would create a more superior device for the future to come. What are your opinions? Please feel free to comment down below!! 🙌🏼

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23

While I generally pooh-pooh the idea of features for the sake of features, I agree the Samsung camera app needs new features. It's a good camera app but it hasn't really gained any major features since the original OneUI redesign. Long exposure, a photosphere equivalent, just fun stuff.

I also think Samsung needs to work on feature discoverability. Looking at these forums, there are countless examples of Samsung users who are  about some easily changeable setting and they didn't know it could be changed because the UI doesn't do a good job of communicating that you can change the setting. Same with things like the new object clipper--how is a user supposed to know it's there?

Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.