JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update broken???

(Topic created: 05-02-2023 04:23 AM)
toyota10
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S23

My s23 ultra updated yesterday to may update with version ending in awc9. Checked for updates after it installed and got a "critical" update to go from awc9 to awc9a. Installed that one and checked again for updates and it went back to awc9. If the awc9a is a "critical" update, why would it let me roll back? Is there problems with the awc9a? Or is the update system broken? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, We understand the confusion with receiving a notification the software has been downgraded.

As security updates are specific to the carriers, we recommend reaching out to your service provider for assistance regarding the multiple downloads and the message the software was being downgraded.

View solution in context

11 Replies
prariedog
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
What cell provider do you use? I got a similar update on At&t but WCE to WCEa. It appears to be an provider thing at least in my case
0 Likes
toyota10
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S23
I have att also
0 Likes
prariedog
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Strange that they would be pushing slightly different updates that don't seem to do anything. My best guess is att accidentally pushed some internal test live.
0 Likes
toyota10
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S23
Ya I don't know. I've never got a update then check again after updating only to have another update to roll back to the previous one
0 Likes
Regnar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

same issue here...att user

toyota10
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S23
It's weird. You can do a endless loop of going back and forth between the wc9 and wc9a updates.
0 Likes
Regnar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

att took no ownership and passed me to samsung. samsung has no clue of the issue (at least the person i'm talking to)

prariedog
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah it definitely seems like an att thing, att is the only source I could find any documentation on WCE/WC9
0 Likes
toyota10
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S23
Hopefully they get it figured out so future updates aren't just gonna roll back to wc9
0 Likes