Original topic:

Videos recorded in HDR not being converted when shared

(Topic created: 05-12-2024 11:57 AM)
iNVAR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Recently I began recording my videos in HDR because why not?

When I share the video to my chat app like LINE app (from Gallary or Video Player, it doesn't matter) the video is washed out. I realize this is due to the app not supporting HDR.

So before sharing, I press the blue Options link and activate the option for "Automatically convert images and videos". Then I share the video. The phone goes through the entire process of converting the file (which takes quite a while) and finally the video shows up in LINE.

It is still washed out. And I do not believe this is the LINE app problem.

I repeated the steps above but instead shared it to Google Drive. The phone seemingly converted the file before uploading it to Google Drive. I then went on Google Drive and downloaded the file into a separate folder. I opened the freshly downloaded video file that is supposedly post-conversion. It is NOT converted and it is still in HEVC HDR10+.

Can anybody confirm the above? If so, this seems like a bug.
1 Reply
iNVAR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
So after messing around a bit morez I've discovered the problem. If you use your quick share links (on top, see image), the unconverted video gets sent no matter what! But if you use the regular app link (on bottom, see image again) it works!

Clearly some sort of issue but at least there is a work around.1715548727373.jpg
0 Likes