Original topic:

Weather widgets ignore dark mode setting after latest update S23 Ultra

(Topic created: 11-22-2023 08:38 AM)
DanTheMan1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Difficult to read with with default color scheme. Weather widgets ignore dark mode setting after latest update. 
10 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Seems to be working for me.

s23 Ultra 512GB on AT&T in SoCal.1700672084075.jpg1700672084073.jpg
0 Likes
DanTheMan1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Not the icon, but in the app itself. The app ignores dark mode setting after the latest software update. Color scheme in the app is very poor and difficult to read.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Perhaps you can screenshot. I don't see an issue. Sorry. 1700674649005.jpg
0 Likes
Swamp57
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I just installed the latest android version OneUI 6.0 and have the same issue. I have my phone set in dark mode and previously had the weather app in dark mode. And now the weather app ignores dark mode with the latest android update and makes it harder to view with the light blue background and white fonts. I had it in dark mode for a reason to make it easier for me to see. I hope there will be enough complaints to get the weather app fixed to be able to have it in dark mode. Aggravating with new system updates you get changes you are forced to use that you don't want.
CourtyardBless
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
My display says light mode, but dark mode is on and won't change to light mode. I have S23 ultra. I have rebooted the phone, and dark mode is still there.
0 Likes
TeraByte60
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Same issue. It's very frustrating; very difficult to see and read

Samsung, please fix ASAP
aelita
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

The same on my phone. The colour scheme light grey-blue with white text is a bad choice and very hard to read especially for elderly people as my parents are. Please change the weather scheme for a one with more contrast.

0 Likes
Mrgrt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I hate the new white on light blue weather app that appeared after the latest update. I am older and use the dark mode to see better. And I can't seem to be able to change it. Ideas anyone?
0 Likes
DanTheMan1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Fix the weather widget to adhere to the dark mode setting in all screens!! It used to do this until the November 2023 update. Fix the code that was stepped on/deleted. Samsung or the Weather Channel needs to address this NOW!!
0 Likes