Original topic:

night time activity

(Topic created: a month ago)
TillyTuesday
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

When I look at my google activity, at approximately the same time every night it shows I "used" several/many apps that are on my phone. It also happens at approximately the same times during the day. Can anyone tell me what's happening on my phone? I have tried closing all apps before going to bed and it still accesses them and says I am using them. I can't find any information on it anywhere as if it doesn't exist. Does anyone else look at their activity?? I find that disturbing....

Thanks all

3 Replies
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Even when you aren't using an app, and don't have it in your recent apps screen, they all still have running processes in the background. It's very possible, depending on exactly which apps it is, that they are waking up periodically to sync information or notifications. It's also possible that they are being "woken up" by another app accessing a related process. This is how Android works. All of this goes on in the background whether you are using your device or not
TillyTuesday
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Is that necessary? Something I should/could shut off??

Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
It's not really something you can, or should, shut off. Responsibly developed apps, need to do this. But it really depends on what apps it is. If it's some 3rd party app that you rarely use, you can put it in deep sleep to minimize this. If it's a 3rd party app that is abusing this and running all of the time, then I would consider getting rid of it.

But as a rule this behavior is necessary and normal