Original topic:

s23 ultra goes silent when a blocked contact calls

(Topic created: 05-13-2024 01:50 PM)
Akanshu3299
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Updated issue description:

My phone should only block the blocked contact list (or get silent for those specific phone contacts), but it should not go into silent mode altogether, otherwise i won't know when my phone will go into silent mode and i might miss any other important calls after that.

I have been facing this issue from the beginning

This seems like a software bug. Can someone plz assist me if there is any workaround. 

7 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
What do you want your phone to do when a blocked call comes in?

Akanshu3299
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I think I didn't explain it correctly.

So my phone should block the call (or get silent for that specific phone number), but it should not go into silent mode altogether, otherwise i won't know when my phone will go into silent mode and i might miss any other important calls after that.

0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
If you want to be notified of blocked calls, maybe set the block person custom ring tone to silent although you would need to unblock the contact. I may be misreading if this makes no sense, sorry.
Akanshu3299
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thats a good idea, in case samsung does not care to fix the bug.

userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Blocked calls notifications could exploit systems in terms of robo callers I read.
0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
When you block a call, your phone doesn't ring. Why block a number if you want your phone to ring? Blocked calls will still show up in your call list.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Defeats the purpose. If you block them, you want them to go away permanently. lol I blocked you but want to see if you are still interested in me? Not getting it.
0 Likes