JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra notification and ringtone volume changing on it's own

(Topic created: 03-20-2021 04:11 PM)
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

Looking for some advice, yesterday while phone was in front of me, I got a call and it didn't ring, after the phone call I looked at my most basic setting and instead of my phone set to"sound"it was on silent, I never set that, so, I switched it back to sound and just a little while ago I got a text message and no sound, I have all my contacts set with different notification sounds, so again, I went back to my settings and it was now on vibrate,I have not made those switches, the phone seems to be doing it on its own! Any advice would be appreciated, my phone's is the ultra.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help with the notifications:

Sounds, vibrations, and notifications on your Galaxy phone 

Control app notifications on your Galaxy phone 

Apps on Samsung phone are not sending notifications 

If troubleshooting does not help, you will need to have the phone serviced. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S.: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

8 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. Have you installed any new apps recently?

Do you experience these symptoms with specific apps or all apps?

Do you notice any patterns to the symptom you are experiencing?

Have you tested your device in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Ericthejeweler
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Tried my phone in safe mode and problem continued.... any other suggestions
0 Likes
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Could be any tube of day, no
particular pattern, never tried that, thank you
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Please keep me posted on how safe mode works with the symptoms you are experiencing.

0 Likes
SeaDreamDLS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have been having the exact same issue for weeks now. I have missed two emergency phone calls from my 81 year old amputee mother and countless family and business calls. I have searched and searched for an explanation and cannot find one. I have never experienced anything like this before. I had not installed any me software prior to this issue surfacing. Out of nowhere it will change itself and each time I switch it back to sound it will switch it back to mute before my next call or notification. This can happen several times a day and then everything is fine again for a few days. There is no ryme or reason as for when it will suddenly switch from sound to mute.
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
I've tried everything so I've actually put a reminder on my fitness tracker to check volume every day, a real pain but it's been happening often and I never know when, just this morning I was sitting Infront of my phone so I saw I was getting a call but it wasn't ringing, I checked and it was on mute!
SeaDreamDLS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Now a new issue has come up. I can turn on DO NOT DISTURB, for which I have set exceptions to FAVORITES, but the moment I receive a call from someone on my FAVORITES list, it not only turns off DO NOT DISTURB, but it sets my sound to MUTE. Sound is on an acts normal with DO NOT DISTURB on, but the minute it is switched off by a triggering FAVORITE call/text, it turns ALL sound off by switching to mute. I have used DND religiously in this same FAVE configuration for years on every single Samsung flagship I've owned since the Galaxy S3 and have never experienced this sound issue. I must also say that this whole combined self muting issue did not show up on my S21 Ultra until the update that caused sporadic wonky behavior in random apps for a lot of people. The issue was said to be a problem with the web viewer and the workaround was to rollback the web viewer app to the factory setting. Then Samsung patched the problem and everything was fine for most everyone... Except me. It's now many months and updates later and I'm still dealing with this random self muting.

Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help with the notifications:

Sounds, vibrations, and notifications on your Galaxy phone 

Control app notifications on your Galaxy phone 

Apps on Samsung phone are not sending notifications 

If troubleshooting does not help, you will need to have the phone serviced. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S.: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html.