Original topic:

3x camera zoom of s24 ultra issue easy fix for samsung

(Topic created: 05-11-2024 05:47 AM)
EugenM88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Greetings everyone, as we all might have already noticed, the S24 Ultra camera suite is pretty impressive, i was not expecting much of its ultrawide, yet it punches way above it's class, its main 200mp camera is just awesome and the 5x periscope telephoto cam is also one of the best.

The same cannot be said for its 3x telephoto camera, as we can all notice it has a very ugly software processing, you can see horrid noise on people faces, hair, clothes and more even in very good lightning conditions, this is unnaceptable as the 3x telephoto camera is the camera i and others tend to use the most... (right after the main cam that is). I understand that this 3x sensor is actually only a measly 10mp and yet samsung upscales it to 12mp, that is fine as long as the software upscaling would be doing a fine job and yet it isn't for no justifiable reason at all.

If you zoom past 3x zoom even the slightest, such as 3.1x zoom, the software actually starts to actually remove more noise from people faces, hair, clothes and other details, making the picture more pleasant to the eye, you can see my pictures for an example and zoom in at 100% or you can try it on your own and you will see a big difference when taking photos of said subjects.

3xzoom pic1.png3.1xzoom pic1.png3xzoom pic2.png3.1xzoom pic2.png3xzoom pic3.jpeg3.1xzoom pic3.jpeg

Why isnt Samsung using the same software processing of the 3.1x zoom to also reflect the same noise reduction and image quality at 3.0x zoom?

Or even better... Samsung claims that the S24 ultra is the Galaxy Phone with AI, why not then use AI to remove all that horrible noise and do an AI upscale from 10mp to 12mp automatically for every picture taken with the 3x zoom instead of the current clearly broken software implementation?

Whatever you do, there are obviously many possibilities to improve this by software, dear Samsung, we thank you for releasing such an amazing phone but please fix this clearly broken camera processing for the 3x sensor as most of the 3x shots are incredibly dull and if i might say so, ugly in it's current state.

3 Replies
frgt10x
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
The camera on s24 ultra is horrible. Upgraded from s22 ultra, and the s22 camera was far superior. Hoping Samsung corrects the camera issues on s24 but I doubt it will happen 😮💨
0 Likes
EugenM88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

They must correct it or risk making alot of costumers angry, i mean look at the competition, they use cameras with inferior magnification such as 4.2x or even 3.5x and yet... at 10x zoom their photos actually look far more visually appealing than S24 Ultra, on the S24 Ultra at 5x the photos are awesome but at 10x they look like they have vaseline smeared on the lens...

I have tried a friend's S23 Ultra at 10x vs my S24 Ultra at 10x, his looked significantly better than mine with a clearer picture overall which should not be the case taking into account the sensor size and resolution of S23 Ultra vs S24 Ultra.

I really hope the June update actually brings AI software image processing not only for the 10x and bigger zooms but also for the 3x camera as it's clearly horrible right now.

They also must fix this slight green tint for the camera as i have to manually change tint to all photos i want to use to present a better looking image overall.

The main camera takes OK 2x photos, yet for a 200mp sensor, it's capable of far better photos than that, so who knows... maybe Sony will take care of this too?

All in all the camera system of S24 Ultra has potential to improve significantly, let's hope June will be the month where all of these camera problems are fixed!

0 Likes
EugenM88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

it is incredible that we are already in mid June without a fix to the clearly broken camera software, another much better phone camera just got a massive camera software update even when that camera system was already better than my s24 ultra and even if said company phone division is significantly smaller than samsung phone division...

We are already in summer, the time when we all are about to travel and take photos and yet we are hearing absolutely nothing from Samsung regarding their atrocious camera software processing, not even a hint of a timeline to fix it.

0 Likes