Original topic:

Always on display

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 03:45 PM)
DIAMOND-clic
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
What is the use of an always on display if it's too dim to see??? Where is the brightness slider at as all other galaxy phones have. Does the future update contain the brightness slider? This isn't a good decision on the part of Samsung. The primary change made to the always on display mimicking apples version of always on display was awesome. However to leave out the control of the brightness isn't. The clock and notification icons aren't bright enough to see in a dark room. I have the s24 ultra and the phone is in the top of the flagship class. This is an important issue for me and I'm sure others. Matter of fact anyone who leaves their phone on charger at the end of the day and the always on display servers as a replacement for digital clocks on the nightstand. Not being able to adjust the brightness is almost like not having the feature at all. It's bright enough in the light but in a darker setting you can't even see the clock face and the notifications icons are invisible. Please Samsung put the brightness slider back. 
4 Replies
jeff86
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't know if it's the same but on the s23 ultra you just double tap the AOD and an option shows to adjust the brightness.
0 Likes
DIAMOND-clic
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
THEY TOOK IT AWAY. THAT'S WHY I WROTE THE POST. I WANT SAMSUNG TO PUT IT BACK.
Davecon11
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

its not, it was on my S23 though...

David Conger
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I totally agree. We need the brightness slider back. Please @communityuser3e0eder bring back the screen brightness for the aod.