Original topic:

App cloud

(Topic created: 05-12-2024 11:03 AM)
KrashKiten
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
How do I get rid of it!? I hate it and I wished Samsung would stop preloading phones with garbage that nobody wants and can't delete off our phones to save system storage. It downloads games and apps to my phone on its own and its so frickin annoying. It constantly has notifications and in order to change any settings I have to first agree to even using it. Well I don't want it! I just use the apps I use and I don't need some garbage app cloud taking up space on my phone. It's as bad as the gaming hub that keeps not showing my games on my phone no matter how many times I change it in the gaming hub settings to show my da*n games on my phone and not just through the gaming hub. It's so annoying. Samsung please stop loading our 1500 dollar phones with bs we don't use nor want that just takes up system space. It's like going to buy a 50k brand new car, for the money YOU GET TO CHOOSE what options you want on it so why are we spending so much money on phones only to have to be forced to figure out how to get the garbage off of them for the cost smh
11 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Whats App cloud?
KrashKiten
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Lol exactly the problem. I have no clue. I have had my s24 for like a week now and it's some random app that keeps sending me notifications and downloading random apps and games on my phone and it's no where to be found as an actual app on my phone so not sure what it is or why it's on my new phone.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Could be from the carrier
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@KrashKiten Not sure exactly what you mean by App cloud. It is not an app provided by Samsung.

You should be aware that Samsung does not load games, or apps without your action. However carriers often download games and apps that they are promoting. They often provide a way to opt out of these automatic downloads. 

KrashKiten
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
So att just preloaded garbage onto my 1500 dollar phone? And on top of that I have no way of finding this app and getting rid of it? The only way I can possibly change it's settings is by first agreeing to it's terms of service and I refuse to do so on something I don't want on my phone in the first place. I need to find it's source and get rid of it.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
You can cripple anything on the phone. Settings, apps, whatever the name, clear cache and data, disable or uninstall. If that cannot be done. Give it no permissions. Under mobile data turn off allow background usage. Under battery, restricted. Then go to connections, data allowed networks for apps, select wifi only. Then go to connections more connection settings and vpn and set to always on. That's if you are using a vpn. Also, block connections without a VPN.
KrashKiten
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Looks like it's a Samsung thing not att1715538061047.jpg
0 Likes
KrashKiten
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yep definitely samsung 1715538118687.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@KrashKiten That application is provided by Samsung to carriers, at the carrier's request, so that they can download their promoted apps. 

That application doesn't even exist on an unlocked (non-carrier) phone bought directly from Samsung.