Original topic:

Can't turn off RTT

(Topic created: a month ago)
Tectract
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't want RTT. No intention of ever using it, but it still shows up as a button on the dialer when my phone rings and I can't remove it. The option to DISABLE or "TURN OFF" RTT seems to be non-existent on this phone.

Please give us back the option to TURN OFF RTT. It's just bloat to me and I would like it to be removed.

2 Replies
EthanAndrews101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, I sometimes use it but rarely and if you want it off very badly like some others, there are apps you can use (not recommended) or if your extremely aggravated about it you can root your device to do so (also not recommended)
0 Likes
Tectract
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Saying 'you can root your device' is not a solution. I want a real solution, to be able to TURN OFF RTT. This is a classic example of a feature turning into a BUG. There needs to be a way to COMPLETELY TURN OFF RTT for people who don't want to ever use it or see it on their screen. It literally interferes with the normal operation of the phone app causing countless issues to poor users who are subjected to this bug, enforce upon them by the Android OS. PLEASE FIX.

In fact, I actually considered rooting this device to solve this issue, but I don't think even that will work. There is no option to disable RTT in the menu, so even if you had root, it wouldn't make any difference. What we need is the option to disable RTT to be added back to the menu and supported with a software function, like it USED TO BE!!!

A major degradation in the usability of Android OS has happened here. A bug has been introduced and the code needs to be REVERTED to it's former, more functional state. Samsung keeps REMOVING OPTIONS from our phones and that is BAD SOFTWARE DESIGN. They are going BACKWARDS with usability and they need to get some more competent people who understand that REMOVING USER OPTIONS, USER CONTROL, AND USABILITY is NEVER EVER the right course in software design..

0 Likes