Original topic:

Chat Translate - Issues with All Secondary Messenger Accounts

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 07:17 AM)
Milkpudding
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I've done some testing and realize that Chat Translate does not support (can't detect foreign languages) any sort of secondary account of the supported apps, i.e., 

• Additional WhatsApp Account (switch account; new feature of the app)
  • WhatsApp Business
  • WhatApp using Dual Messenger

It doesn't seem to be an issue with WhatApp because Chat Translate works perfectly in the primary or the first WhatsApp Account. 

I'm not sure if this is a bug or the Chat Translate function simply hasn't been extended to include any additional WhatsApp account. This thread is a follow-up of the previously raised questions. (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S24/Chat-Translate-on-Dual-Messenger-app-not-working/m-p/...) I opened this new topic to highlight the new discovery. 

If it's really not a bug, I'll submit a feedback/suggestion to request the new feature of including secondary accounts.

3 Replies
Proboscide99
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here.  Chat translation is only available on primary whatsapp and not in the dual messengers second instance.

I already tried to clean whatsapp cache, whatsapp data, reinstalled whatsapp and cleared device cache by booting in maintenance mode, to no avail.

Looks like a bug.

I hope it will be addressed because the secondary instance is the one where I need this feature the most.

0 Likes
chrismw69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here on S23 Ultra, please fix this bug @Samsung, such a cool feature to have, but people missing out on it.

The supposedly accepted solution from article https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S24/Chat-Translate-on-Dual-Messenger-app-not-working/td-p... is wayyy too complicated and invasive for messengers, especially since it doesn't fix the problem. So needing to re-download all media for nothing.

0 Likes
usery7yzEzVNRr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes I need Translate to work on my second WhatsApp account as that is the one I used for my business that is

mainly done in Spanish. 

Samsung please fix this. I need this working and don't want to switch my main account. It just doesn't show up in the Available apps for chat translation 

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-03 at 9.39.16 AM.jpeg

0 Likes