Original topic:

Color banding issues

(Topic created: 03-15-2024 03:29 PM)
FranklinBanks
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Sort of curious as to whether Samsung plans on fixing the software around displaying colors?

Testing dex mode on my Samsung G7 Odyssey 43inch TV I can go to Samsung browser and test my screen on testmyscreen.com and see heavy lines on the gradient color test.

Using the same browser on the native G7 smart TV, I get no lines whatsoever. Clearly my smart TV hardware supports displaying these color gradients.

Samsung support couldn't give me clear answers on this issue. 

I have tested the color banding on the display models at Best buy for the s24,s24+, and the s24u. They all had obviously lines showing on these tests using the Samsung Internet browser.

Native smart TV Samsung Internet browser on testmyscreen.com

S24+ dex mode on the same TV 

Regular dex mode background

Dex mode background with app menu open

2 Replies
Unhape
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung does not fix software. They go to a lot of trouble to make their software perform poorly , and are well known for it. It is their policy that their software is infallable
0 Likes
FranklinBanks
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, I get the feeling this is part of the s24 experience, the z flip and z fold didn't have this issue on any of their screens.

Ah well, I have until early April to return it. Other phones are having discount deals going, so I might try a few.
0 Likes