JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Custom Notification tones gone??

(Topic created: 01-26-2024 10:00 PM)
userFayKTfnhUf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is this setting actually gone for the S24? I can no longer have separate notification tones for my messages and general notifications. So whenever I get an email, amazon order, IG like, food order, samsung SMS message, etc, they all sound the same now.
I'm specifically wanting just my message notification tone differentiated from all the others. 
If anyone know a solution to this, please let me know. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Go on YouTube and search for Jeff Springer he has a video about where itcwas moved to here is the link
https://youtu.be/T3Xq-fkxSvo?si=FUQD9qQZg9wphzLh

View solution in context

110 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Open your Samsung Messages app /
click on the 3 dots on the top right /
Settings /
Notifications /
Notification Categories /
General Notifications /
Sound /
And select your preferred modification sound.

If this helps, please mark this as an accepted solution so that it will be archived and others with the same question may find the answer in the search database.
Thank you.
0 Likes
userFayKTfnhUf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, my S24 Ultra does not have the "Notification Categories" option to click. I have my S22 with me which does have it, just not present on my S24 Ultra. 1706336325971.jpg
Solution
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Go on YouTube and search for Jeff Springer he has a video about where itcwas moved to here is the link
https://youtu.be/T3Xq-fkxSvo?si=FUQD9qQZg9wphzLh
userFayKTfnhUf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes! This video is it! Thank you so much!!
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Here's how to do it.
1. Go to Messages > the name of the person you want to change sounds for.
2. Tap the three dots in the top right > Notification Sound.
3. Select the notification sound you want to use. A new notification category will be created as part of this process.
4. The next time you go to Settings > Apps > Samsung App Settings > Messages > Notifications > Notification Categories, you will see the new Conversations group. You will be able to change the sounds from there as well.
(Sometimes, it may instead appear in the Other group.)

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
useryUFCSkJTAn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello I just got my s24 ultra today and I'm trying to figure out how to customize my app sounds like how I had on my note 20 ultra. It's not giving me the option to change and make certain apps a certain sound like my note 20 ultra did and all of my notifications are one sound. I use to be able to have my text message a certain sound from regular all the other apps have anyone figured how to custom apps sounds 
N1GH7MARE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Took me a while but I figured it out.

Go to Settings>Notifications>Advanced Settings. From here turn on "Manage notification categories for each app".

After you have done this, you can open the notification settings under each app and customize the sounds... This was driving me insane earlier.
useryUFCSkJTAn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you so much
N1GH7MARE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
You're welcome!

I have way too many notifications, coming from way too many apps.. I would have lost it if I couldn't customize app notifications separately.