Original topic:

Do not install June update on s24+

(Topic created: a month ago)
lloyd420
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
My s24+ fine was till I installed this update. Now when I set my phone's brightness at level 0 the screen shows a green shade. I have tried changing refresh rate and resolution but nothing works. This is absurd. If samsung ruins my phone display anf then tries to make me pay for it. I am gonna be really really mad. Because 2 years ago they ruined my phone by sending update on my s20 and turned the whole screen green and unusable.
My phone is from Xfinity Mobile. 

Zero Brightness 

About 25% brightness 

9 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@lloyd420 After installing the update have you wiped the cache partition? After every update I wipe the cache partition to remove any cached values which might have been corrupted during the update. 

lloyd420
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Nope, I haven't tried that, but I'm sure that will not fix it. Samsung is well known for its green displays.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Wiping the device cache partition is easy, quick, and free. It doesn't delete any apps nor user data.
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
People don't want to try an easy simple solution.
0 Likes
SpookyBoost
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Unfortunately wiping the cache did not work. I also have the same problem.

lloyd420
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Well, I am a bit relieved now that I am not the only with this problem. I have also reported this problem to samsung from this app. So, far I haven't received any response from them
SpookyBoost
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Personally I've owned a s3, s6, s8, s20 and s22 which a recently traded for the s24 ultra. Never in my life have I experienced so much grain on the screen. Kinda reminds me of old TFT monitors from the 2000s. It seems like it's a problem but they won't acknowledge it. which is sad, because I literally get this phone for the screen which is why I always upgrade and it has always been a step up until the s22.

0 Likes
lloyd420
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
This is definitely a software issue because it is fine before the June update. I still remember how they destroyed my s20 by sending an update the whole screen went green and unusable and then they made me pay over $250 to get it replaced (cuz I am not the US).
0 Likes
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you for sharing. I'm happy I didn't update yet. SMH at Samsung.