Original topic:

Extra brightness is on and arbitrarily brightness dims while using the phone

(Topic created: 04-11-2024 07:50 AM)
Init1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I have an s24 plus. Extra brightness is on and the brightness arbitrarily dims while using the phone. 

And you want to figure out why this is happening?

These are off:
Adaptive Brightness
Power Saving Mode
Screen Timeout (not relevant since I'm using the phone when the screen dims?
Developer Options (there are no brightness options) 

6 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe that extra brightness automatically reduces after a certain amount of time unless in direct light to prevent damage to the screen.
Init1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Ty. Makes sense. Did you read this somewhere or just intuition?
0 Likes
titodedrz1128
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I understand. It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with your Samsung Galaxy S24 Plus where the screen brightness is arbitrarily dimming even though you have Extra Brightness turned on and Adaptive Brightness and Power Saving Mode turned off.

To help troubleshoot the issue, let's try a few things:

1. **Check for software updates**: Ensure your phone is running the latest software. Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install.
2. **Auto-brightness sensor**: The auto-brightness sensor might be malfunctioning. Try covering the sensor (usually located on the top right corner of the screen) with your hand or a piece of tape to see if the screen brightness stabilizes.
3. **Third-party app interference**: A misbehaving app might be causing the issue. Try booting your phone in Safe Mode (press and hold the Power button until the logo appears, then release and immediately hold the Volume down button). If the issue doesn't occur in Safe Mode, a third-party app might be the culprit.
4. **Screen calibration**: Try recalibrating your screen by going to Settings > Display > Screen mode > Adaptive display > Calibrate screen.
5. **Hardware issue**: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there's a hardware problem with your phone's screen or ambient light sensor. You may want to visit a Samsung authorized service center for further assistance.

Keep me updated on your findings, and I'll be happy to help you further!
0 Likes
Init1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I do not have an "Calibrate screen" option. Why is that?
All of your other suggestions have been tried.

Is it possible what @TipsyTrex Said below is the issue?

"extra brightness automatically reduces after a certain amount of time unless in direct light to prevent damage to the screen."
0 Likes
titodedrz1128
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It was something that older models had. Maybe it was removed on future devices/software. Sorry 😔
0 Likes
Init1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
No idea. Last one I had was S10 Plus
0 Likes