Original topic:

Faulty battery / charging stops abruptly

(Topic created: 03-29-2024 12:23 PM)
Chershkop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I recently purchased the S24 about a month ago. I have noticed that whenever I charge my phone when the battery level is at 20% or higher, the charging process intermittently stops and resumes. This frequent interruption of the charging cycle is quite bothersome, as I constantly hear the charging sound playing on and off every three seconds. I am concerned about the potential impact of this issue on my phone's battery, especially since the device is brand new and should not be experiencing any problems. I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this issue and if there is a solution to resolve it without having to replace the battery.
7 Replies
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Contact Samsung support since it takes them a while to check posts. My S24U is doing fine though, but just make sure your charger and cable doesnt have any problems on them just in case the phone isn't the issue😊 I hope you resolve the problem soon!
Chershkop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks they are being really useless. I tried contacting them but they want me to pay out of pocket for a issue on their part.
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Isn't 30 days well within the warranty period?  If the problem is with the charging port, they should repair or replace it.  You first have to make sure it is not your charger or cable (or electrical source) is not the problem. That type of problem is usually caused by a connection fault, either loose cable or power fluctuations.

1. Use a different charger. If the problem persists,

2. Use a different cable in the charger. If the problem persists,

3. Plug your charger into a different outlet. If the problem persists,

4. Take the charger out of your house and plug in somewhere else.

5. If you have a car charger or a charging USB port in your car (if you have a car), try connecting in your car and see if the issue persists.

If none of these suggestions works, contact Samsung again.  I will caution you, though, that even if the phone is still under warranty, if this problem happened all of a sudden, it's possible you could have somehow damaged the connecting pin for the USB port in the phone, and that would not be under warranty, which is probably why Samsung wants you to pay out of pocket. It's easy enough to damage it if you pull the cable out at the wrong angle, the phone falls while connected, the phone gets wet, etc.

Also, I was assuming you were using cable charging.  Your phone probably has wireless charging and if this happens when you are charging wirelessly, I have no suggestions other than it would either be a faulty wireless charging pad, or it's Samsung's fault with a faulty wireless charging coil.

Options
Galaxy S24
This is an issue every samsung phone is having at the moment its a software bug it started after one UI 6 released
Chershkop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It stopped a few weeks ago maybe they patched it? 🤷🏻‍:male_sign:
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm still getting the issue on my S22 Ultra
0 Likes
Chershkop
Asteroid