Original topic:

[Feature Request]: Context based buttons and Gestures

(Topic created: 04-22-2024 01:03 AM)
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I wish Samsung Galaxy devices or Android OS provides a context based usage of keys and gestures.

For instance, 
1. when I turn volume down while watching YouTube app, reduce just YouTube volume. 
2. When I'm reading a website, volume down should scroll down

I know currently, volume per App is supported, volume button can be used as Zoom..but I guess they're implemented as features of the App. Instead I request for a generic context based implemention so app developers can provide or develop their using this feature. 

What do you think?

7 Replies
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
It's pretty much explained. Wait. You think when you're on a website, and you push volume down it scrolls down the page?
0 Likes
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
You should be able to assign it scoll back or forward, increase or decrease Zoom level .. just up to you.
My point is that these keys and gestures or even cameras are sitting unused in many apps.

Like notifications, customization per app, per notification types, hardware keys, gestures, and sensors should be configurable.
Cindy2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm starting to regret switching from iPhone to galaxy... it's taken me over a week to setup my new galaxy s24 ultra and I still don't know how to perform a basic function like add an in-text reaction or activate live-text features
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
If you're using Google Messages, you can react by long-pressing the message you want to react to.
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Well, you can assign them. Zoom in and out.. Not scroll.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
NO.
The volume keys should be as static as possible. When you press the volume down on your phone it should always and only reduce system wide volume controls. People are already rude as **bleep** when it comes to volume levels on their phones, the last thing we need is confusion about what the volume button does. And scrolling? No. Absolutely not.
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
This is a configurable option to override default behavior. If you feel confused, you don't have to configure buttons per app.
Guess you haven't tried override notifications per app yet.
0 Likes