JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Finder App is missing

(Topic created: 02-07-2024 03:56 PM)
netstar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
How to restore finder arop. When you do swipe down it brings up the finder but you can't make an icon.
15 Replies
netstar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
like I said before, you don't have to reply to questions you don't understand. The lack of comprehension and knowledge is with you. Another user understood the query and replied.

As you can see on the screenshot, Samsung had a finder app which they removed in OneUI 6.0
Kubajean
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Chill
Member23
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Haha BTW you don't need Smart things to find your device 😉 just an FYI for mr/ms emotional
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey Netstar. I believe that finder has been removed completely.  and replaced with the search bar in the apps drawer which is sad, but you pretty much have to launch the app drawer and click at the top search and launch the keyboard to search for anything. Before you could just swipe down using the goodlock feature and access finder quickly that way. Maybe they'll have more improvements or something similar  as time goes on in future updates.  I heard some people were using Nova launcher, but don't know really too much details on how that works. 

netstar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
thanks, it works

The swipe down is working for me. It brings up the search bar and does the same function
0 Likes
Member23
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
There used to be a bluish green spyglass that was the finder app before the new phone update 6.0. It was nice having it as an app on the screen, when I pull down there's enough going on, especially with notifications and all the options (I'm aware I can make it smaller/shorter).
0 Likes