Original topic:

Fingerprint not working

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
SOULVAPOR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello, I just recently got my phone and added a screen protector on it. I went back to my fingerprint scanner and rescanned my prints with the screen protector on. I'm still not able to open my phone, as it isn't reading the prints well. Anyone else with this issue that managed to solve it?
9 Replies
Deafhulk1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Can to do America Interpreted sign Language from cape cod ma my name is William monteiro deaf 78 Years old ,
0 Likes
Deafhulk1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello
0 Likes
JP92773
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I had this issue. I noticed the amount of pressure you use to press the screen doesn't have to be extremely strong like you're trying to smash it but a soft touch doesn't work, you can always try cleaning your screen to or making sure you're not putting any skin oil or anything on the screen it'll interfere with the print sensor especially if you just washed your hands or put lotion on
0 Likes
siegfre
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Try changing Touch Sensitivity in Settings:
Settings -> Display -> Touch Sensitivity
0 Likes
user011K2Sh2Oi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
To the present 5 months ago I bought a screen protector for my s21 ultra and I have the same issues. I wasn't able to access anything with my fingerprint account inf. So I had no choice but to change the way I signed in on some apps.
0 Likes
LVSAYLES
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You have to get a screen protector that doesn't have glass. The Samsung branded one is very good or there are a few of the self-healing ones that work too. No glass infused one is going to work. I've tried many. None have worked with the fingerprint reader.
0 Likes
usertRFNTcVfeX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi couple of things. I got the Zaag InvisibleShield Fusion Privacy Antiglare Screen Protector for Galaxy S24+ for my phone and works well. No fingerprint smudges either

One thing I noticed is that I use the tips of my fingers more than the flat full print one would think should work better. Try setting up a couple of fingers each way. As stated in a earlier post you dont need to mash it hard.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
LVSAYLES
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Don't get transparent. It takes away from the screen.
0 Likes
LVSAYLES
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
@usertRFNTcVfeX Go cheaper! These work. I have it installed as we speak. Unlocks in less than a second. Also change your setting to sensitive. This polyethylene plastic works well! Absolutely no glass. Some of them look like plastic but they are glass embedded. Make sure you read the directions on scanning your finger. Keep the finger in the same position. The target moves slightly to scan different parts. Just keep doing it the same. I've tried both ways. The more variability you add, the slower the fingerprint reader responds.
FANGTIAN [4-Pack] for Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Screen Protector [Not Glass] - Film for S24 Ultra Screen Protector [6.8Inch][Fingerprint Compatible][Al https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CN34J2P7/ref=cm_sw_r_apanp_vhuVmJrRjS5TJ
0 Likes