Original topic:

Fingerprint recognition

(Topic created: 03-03-2024 08:58 AM)
Kirbyc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Im having trouble here periodically using the biometrics of the finger print scanning it's becoming very tedious the fingerprint doest register 50% of the time is anyone having the same issue. I've went to the setting and turned the sensitive up since I do I have a glass screen protector on.
7 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Kirbyc The dry air during the winter can cause your fingers to become dry. I have this issue every winter. This impedes the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. Try moistening your finger or applying lotion to your finger. 

terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
i was having same issue so i added another finger, sounds weird but i have 2 fingers now and it recognizes each ok now with very little problem
tylerdurden6091
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I turn on touch sensitivity in settings and added 4 fingerprints. Works great now
crundle
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
My galaxy s24 ultras fingerprint scanner does not work with a screen protector on. As a matter of fact I can't even register a finger with an installed screen protector. The z fold 5 has the fingerprint scanner in the side button and works flawlessly. Don't know why Samsung just doesn't add the scanner to the side button on all their phones instead of having it on the screen.
iieeann
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

S24U sensor is so poor that even registering finger doesn't work when finger is dry. There is no point registering wet finger because i cannot be licking my finger everytime trying to unlock. Stupid sensor, should have dual modes optical for people with dry finger, together with this on screen type sensor for the rest that do not have problem.

userXUqIkyix0F
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My new s24i doesn't open the unit at all. Biometrics do work easily once the phone is opened.
Don't know any solutions.
0 Likes