Original topic:

Galaxy s24+ battery only lasting 1 day

(Topic created: a month ago)
CrispiDonuts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey

Just bought Galaxy s24+ and checked that my battery information says a full charge will last 1 d 2 h. The thing is my si sibling bought the same phone and it says a full charge will last 2 d 6 h. 

Could this indicate a problem with my phone's battery?

7 Replies
SlapsRUS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you gone through and checked if the settings are the same? How long ago did your sibling purchase their phone?
0 Likes
CrispiDonuts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Pretty much same settings

We bought our phones the same day, around a week ago

0 Likes
SlapsRUS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
How often are you using your phone, and how often do they use theirs?

I've noticed I get about the same time as you do, but that's mainly because I've been using mine every day since purchase. Using things netflix, tiktok, google, etc.

The phone learns your habits and is telling you how much time you have while you are using it according to your usage style. If that sibling doesn't really touch their phone except for a couple of texts and calls, I wouldn't be surprised if their battery lasts over 2 days.
0 Likes
CrispiDonuts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I use mine way more often. Also for tiktok, videos, etc.

Didn't know about the phone's battery usage learning. I thought the information about the full charge last indicated the battery status, I'll keep checking it but I think it makes sense.

Thank you so much!

SlapsRUS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Of course!
0 Likes
SlapsRUS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
You can go into battery> scroll down and click battery information> You should see the 5000mAh.

I want to say that as long as that is at 5000, your phone is doing what it needs to keep your battery running for your usage purposes. Eventually, you'll probably even see the estimated time go up once you get used to it.

It's a new device, and you're enjoying it. As long as it's not dying 10 minutes after you take it off the charge from 100%, you're fine!
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@CrispiDonuts It depends on how you use the phone. If you use your phone much more than your sibling, especially for games or streaming, your predicted full charge last time will be shorter. 

0 Likes