Original topic:

GestureNavContract Broken on Third Party Launchers

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 10:16 AM)
TigerCraneStyle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Here is an explanation of what GestureNavContract is from a launcher developer:

"The GestureNavContract is a system involving a custom launcher, the stock launcher, and SystemUI. It's what a third party launcher uses to tell the system where and how to animate the app window when swiping home. Samsung seems to have broken it which is why the window doesn't shrink into the icon (or widget) anymore."

So this happens when you use a third party launcher like Nova Launcher, Lawnchair launcher, etc. Whenever you use the back gesture OR swipe up from the bottom to go back to your homescreen, the app window animation should shrink to the icon OR widget on the homescreen. This no longer happens with One UI 6 or 6.1 on the S24 Ultra or any device on those UI versions. Instead the app just fades into your homescreen in no direction in particular. This did not happen on One UI 5. Currently it looks very unpolished.

More information on Gesture a contract can be found here:

5 Replies
J3roen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here. I would love to have the animations back. 

useronIwz9rx2b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
me too please! they worked great in oneui 5. not anymore in 6.
robin_psr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Please Fix the GestureNavContract, OneUI 6.1 still not fixed 😞

sss09
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here on the a23, know its a budget phone, but samsung provided a 90hz display and there is no use to it if the animations are not working properly, android is known for functionality and versatility but it is not seen here.

mankvl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

same problem on my s24 Ultra