Original topic:

Goodlock Keys Cafe Mic key not working

(Topic created: 02-19-2024 09:44 AM)
GoodTools
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Does anyone know how to get the voice input/mic key to work/apply? I tried to set it up on a custom keyboard but it shows blank and does not respond to touch. I toyed around with the hide keyboard/voice input navigation bar in keyboard settings but it did not help.

Please help!🙏
4 Replies
userJF5hL8rNFc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Wondering the same thing. I hate having the mic at the bottom of the screen, I thought I figured it out... but no.
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't think you can...

Screenshot_20240301_033421_WhatsApp.jpg

0 Likes
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24

In the meantime, You can always use a different Keyboard App. 

🙂

GBoard:

Screenshot_20240225_035325_Messages.jpg

Yandex

Screenshot_20240225_041958_Messages.jpg

SwiftKey 

Screenshot_20240225_042648_Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard.jpg

0 Likes
Members_D00A7ip
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

There is a work around that will require one additional tap.

Go to Settings, General management and tap on Keyboard list  and default, then tap on Default keyboard. In the popup that appears make sure the Show Keyboard Button is on. Then when you go to an app that uses your Keys Cafe keyboard you will see a little keyboard icon on the bottom of the screen, sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right. When you want to type with your voice, tap that keyboard icon. You will then see your input methods. If you have enabled either Samsung voice input or Google Voice Typing, they will be there for you to choose. When you select one, the microphone will replace the keyboard and you can type with your voice. When finished, tap the back arrow at the top left of the microphone popup and the keyboard will reappear. This is the only way I have been able set my wife's phone up to use the microphone with her highly customized Keys Cafe keyboard. Hope this is what you are looking for and that it helps.

0 Likes