Original topic:

Google Gesture - Switching Apps

(Topic created: 01-30-2024 11:55 PM)
s24ultraro
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi,

I'm trying to use the provided / standard google gesture available on any android phone.

Most gestures work fine except the switching apps gesture bottom of the screen (slide left to right to switch between open apps).

Wondering if you're seeing the same behavior and any hint you might have. GoodLock NOT available in my country and 3 buttons control is quite legacy.

Thanks,

~amo~

0 Likes
3 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
It should work by default, but if you have the gesture bar hidden you'll need to enable "switch apps with hint hidden" under navigation bar settings
0 Likes
Mtchl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

It does work but not as it supposed to.
On any other android you can slide to the side from any point of bottom screen. That way you can quickly swipe between apps without any second thought and it works perfectly fine.

However if i slide like that on S24 it works like 2/10 times.
On the second day of use i realised how samsung app switching works:
1. You have to hook up the app from the bottom
2. Slightly lift it. Not too much so the task manager won't open.
3. AND ONLY THEN Swipe to the side
Thus it is not a slide gesture for samsung but more like a circle'ish gesture. Which is very annoying and should be fixed ASAP. Never thought that any phone could make me so mad.

Good Lock does not help with this.

0 Likes
nirajk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

My S23 works as you want it to but the S24 has this annoying hook and loop sort of method. Both phones on One UI 6.1.

So pleased to see we're not the only ones. Was worried bottom of screen may have been faulty 

0 Likes