Original topic:

Google Messages app

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
Options
Galaxy S24
I have to admit, when I heard Samsung Messages was going away and I should switch to Google Messages, I was POed !!! That was my favorite Messages app. My Messages (Sam) app started to act up. Wouldn't send my texts. It would say "sent" on my end, but other party never received it. So I, reluctantly, switched to Google Messages. I hated it and complained, talked **bleep** etc.... But, after about 3-4 days using Google, I actually like it. The RCS chat makes up for it not being Samsung. I'm not mad Samsung! I'm rockin the new app with the new features šŸ‘Œ 
15 Replies
Iamchaos13
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Yea, same. Although you'll still be able to use Samsung messages. It's not going away, it's just not going to be reinstalled on new phones. You'll still be able to download it. But I switched over to Google, back and forth, until one day I realized I'd been using just that for a week straight and I'm fine now. I mean, it's just a message app.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
It wasn't fully functioning for me. That's why I switched. Some contacts weren't getting my messages šŸ˜•
0 Likes
Tagger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I personally just did the switch to everything google one my s23fe and it took a couple days to get used too but i must say things run alot smoother now
usertrUDKmcei0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This too! Runs better and more constant updates than Samsung
0 Likes
Britany27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't think they should get ride of Samsung message. I know I bought a Samsung for it's features if I wanted a Google phone I would go by one. Yes the Google message us nice because it had the sound when you send messages and can select a message and emoji and get read and send status but why not add that to the Samsung message. I don't like how you can't have categories or change each person's background I like my Samsung. Why is Samsung moving to Google stay different
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
But to have the full GCE, Google Messages is required. I think Messages app should be a choice. But, you know what they say...... It is what it is šŸ™„
0 Likes