JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to turn on Customization Service?

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 10:32 PM)
userRhqs5imH4h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

This is a new one for me, how do you turn customization service on? I have tried several times and keep getting this message:

"The server didn't respond try again??"

I can set up Modes and Routines, Battery Protection and who knows what else on my S24 Ultra.

Any help or info is appreciated.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Josphe72
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Can't confirm it works or if your problem but from reddit:

"SOLUTION! The solution i found was setting the private DNS back to Automatic. Right away I was able to turn on the Customization Service. After that I went back and set up the Private DNS back to my custom one. Hope it helps."

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
Josphe72
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Can't confirm it works or if your problem but from reddit:

"SOLUTION! The solution i found was setting the private DNS back to Automatic. Right away I was able to turn on the Customization Service. After that I went back and set up the Private DNS back to my custom one. Hope it helps."
userRhqs5imH4h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Well that worked 👏, I really appreciate the help. Do you know what this setting is used for? I just received this phone so it was set out of the box?
Josphe72
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My pleasure. Glad it worked for you.
The customization service obtains information about you and how you use the services (web sites you visit, photos you take, music you listen to) to include custom content and recommendations to enhance the user experience. Or spy on you however you like ro say it.
I don't use this service myself
0 Likes
userRhqs5imH4h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks again for this info so I can go back in and change to Private with no future issues? Apparently the Automatic setting is recommended by Samsung but your explanation explains why. Big Brother is watching 🤣
Josphe72
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I've never had any issues. I turn off add personalization this customization service anything that 'caters to my interest and taste' Of course this doesn't stop all from seeing what I do but at least its not an invitation to snoop on me
0 Likes
userRhqs5imH4h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Understood, I will do the same and if I have any issues I can change back. Thanks again for your help.
0 Likes
Josphe72
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Screenshot from the post on reddit1707291164331.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

It worked for me. 😉