Original topic:

Image resolution exceeds limit

(Topic created: 04-24-2024 08:02 AM)
pairadice
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
How can I remove the size limit in messages? I can't even attach one picture, much less, multiple pictures.
3 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
You can't remove the image size limit you would need to take a lower resolution picture or on the pictures you want to share click the share icon and select quickshare and it will create a link to the pictures

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
What messaging app are you using?
0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

As stated above, you cannot change the size limit for attachments...that's a limitation of SMS service.  You might be able to send bigger files if you use RCS, but if the person on the other side doesn't have RCS, then there's no guarantee they will be able to receive it.  You have a couple of options:  1) As was said above, use quick share to send a link; 2) send via email; 3) reduce the picture size (but, I'm guessing you don't want to do that); 4) upload the pictures to a shared drive, such as DropBox or Google Drive; 5) If your phone is backing up photos to Google Photos, you can make Google Photos a shared resource, either all your photos or make a shared album.