JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Integrations with Google.

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 02:58 PM)
TConover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have an s24 ultra that I got about a week ago and it's really sad to see Samsung trying to do what apple is doing with proprietary passwords and the lack of integration with Google on notes. I really want to use Samsung's browser as well as their keyboard. The problem is that I use Google for all of my passwords and for all of my notes. Samsung's notes are superior but you can't sync them with Google. So you can only get them on your phone, this proprietary tech would be fine if it was more widespread and worked in tandem with Google. You guys are in this together. I want to be able to use your AI features but I can't use your browser if I can't use Google for my passwords. So I'll have to stick to all Google stuff. Major shame. I really love Samsung's AI. But they are implementing it in a way that excludes me from using it with everything else I'm already used to. Supposed to make life better not harder. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
You could import the passwords to Pass. I think that's what I did

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe you can change the whole device to use Googles password manager and it even affects the browser.
0 Likes
TConover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I thought I tried that but I'll try again
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
The only thing is syncing Notes with Keep doesn't work.
TConover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It actually will not auto fill on Samsung internet. So frustrating šŸ¤¦ā€:male_sign:
0 Likes
Solution
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
You could import the passwords to Pass. I think that's what I did
0 Likes
TConover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I know but the point is that pass is very limited to Samsung devices. I want something I can access anywhere on my Macbook or wherever. And my passwords show up on chrome everywhere. It's a far better solution for me
Mcm72
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I can access everything but it's a pain to have to go to different browsers for my information to work.
0 Likes
reecehart
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Although I like so much about the Samsung Galaxy experience, I too dislike the way Samsung has fractured the Android ecosystem. It feels to me that Samsung is trying to fight Google rather than work with it. For example, Notes are stored with Microsoft OneDrive. They have their own photo app (Gallery); while Google photos works on the phone, there are subtle places where Gallery is the only interface (like wallpaper selection). And, at least with Google Fi, the split between Samsung Phone and Google Phone apps is bewildering. Both companies have contact apps, and when I save contacts they're saved (oddly) under a vnd mimetype by default rather than in my Google account.

I love the integration of the S24, Galaxy Watch, and Tab S9, but that integration should come at the expense of such severe fracturing of the Android ecosystem and my 15 years of data in Google. 

0 Likes