JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Keyboards: no return key. Message auto sent when selecting Done

(Topic created: 02-11-2024 09:03 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S24

My s24 ultra text keyboard doesn't have a return key.  The keyboard has a "Done" key.  Once the "Done " is  tapped,  the message is automatically sent whether you completed the text message or not.  I've encountered this problem using Samsung, Microsoft SwiftKey, and Gboard keyboards. If anyone has this issue, let me know how it was resolved. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S24
I downloaded the Samsung Message App from the Play Store. I also selected the app as the default message app.  I now have a keyboard that has a "returned key " instead of the "done key ".

View solution in context

5 Replies
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
On all applications or just one specifically?
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Usually, the app itself has the option to treat how the enter key is set to.
What apps are you using?
0 Likes
Easyoldlife
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same issue. Driving me mad. Have tried toggling on and off the 'Enter is send' option in WhatsApp and the Enter key magically reappears for a moment, then as soon as I begin typing it changes back to a 'Done' key again.

Send help! This is driving me insane!!

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

I do not have this issue.  I am using Samsung Messages (not Google's), and am using the default Samsung keyboard.  I have an enter button on the keyboard, and have a send button once I start typing.

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S24
I downloaded the Samsung Message App from the Play Store. I also selected the app as the default message app.  I now have a keyboard that has a "returned key " instead of the "done key ".