Original topic:

NFC not functioning after using BMW wireless chsrger

(Topic created: 02-19-2024 06:23 PM)
AdeptMaven
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S24
I have an S24+ and today I noticed that NFC is not functioning on it. Or rather, according to the diagnostic NFC is functioning but I can't turn it on. A tap of the quick settings icon does nothing. Going into the settings page and trying to toggle on NFC attempts to turn it on and then it immediately goes back to the off position. I've rebooted the phone, cleared app cache, cleared the cache partition, tried booting into safe mode, and all the other troubleshooting steps. Everything worked when I first received the phone (1/26) but I noticed today that NFC stopped working. The only recent change is that I got a 2024 BMW X5 (2/14/2024). Doing a Google search it looks like the iPhone 15 suffered a similar niche issue (NFC services not working after using BMW wireless charging). I believe the s24 series may be suffering from the same issue. Any other bmw owners have this experience? 
8 Replies
Matthewstorm
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Dude there's a whole thread at Bimmerpost about the BMW wireless charging bricking NFC. Only resolution is a new phone. If that's happening now to the S24 that's real bad on BMW. I owned a Z4 and my S30i had wireless charging but I was spared disaster on my IPhone 15PM. I feel for you, dude. 

0 Likes
AdeptMaven
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm not 100% sure it's BMW's fault. Or at least with the iPhones Apple was able to fix the issue with a software update (iOS 17.1.1)
0 Likes
AdeptMaven
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately today's update did not fix the issue.
0 Likes
Imrahil
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

same issue here - brand new S24 Ultra & 2024 BMW i4. I put the phone on the charger during one hour long trip. Since then NFC is totally broken - I cannot turn it on. I did full factory reset - still broken...

AdeptMaven
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S24
Dang. Hopefully it's something they can fix via software update like Apple did. I opened a ticket but haven't heard back yet.
Members_qXLpyPD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Just stumbled onto this same issue. NFC was working but now I can try to toggle NFC on but it immediately shuts it off again. New 2024 BMW X5 50e. You have to be kidding me....

0 Likes
AdeptMaven
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S24
Ya it sucks. Only workaround I have for now is that NFC works on my galaxy watch.
0 Likes
AdeptMaven
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S24
If you haven't already, please submit an error report in the members app. The more people report and make noise about the issue, the more likelyhood Samsung will take notice and fix it sooner rather than later.
0 Likes