Original topic:

Only charges with usb-c to usb-a, usb-c to usb-c

(Topic created: 04-07-2024 01:02 PM)
Wrench17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a very strange issue going on that started the other day. My phone stopped charging so I tried another cable same thing I tried different power blocks and still the wouldn't charge & wouldn't work for Android auto either. It wasn't until I tried a USB-A to USB-C cable that my phone started charging. I cannot find a setting anywhere to fix the issue so my phone carrier has issued a warranty replacement but I would rather not do that if I can fix it from a setting.

13 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
As far as I know they are no settings to change that would limit the phone from using USB c to USB c if your carrier is willing to do a warranty exchange I would since I would suggest contacting Samsung support and sending in your device for testing

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Wrench17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you I'm planning on contacting support.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
You can use the link below
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Wrench17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you I'm currently texting with support now I will update when I find information on whether it's fixed or not fixed.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I've done repairs for a lot of devices, nothing recently but that sounds like a hardware issue or a coincidence that the terminals in your phones battery port are dirty or the two chargers you've tried to use the plug into the phone had dust or lint on them or the wire was bent somewhere or something and didn't have a good connection whatever the problem really is, it sounds like you already found a solution. I would just go with it.
Wrench17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, thank you. I bought new chargers cables and the same issue. It's still there. I'm gonna try cleaning the charging port. And see if that does anything, but i'm not confident that it's gonna do anything.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
No problem just trying to help were there any other symptoms or issues with the battery that you noticed? If it is a software issue, it has to leave evidence that's not working properly. Have you done like a bug report on it to try to figure out what could be causing it?
0 Likes
Wrench17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
No, that's a strange thing. There was no warnings or issues noticed prior I've done software updates and checks. There is no evidence of it, not working just when I do the battery test and ask me to plug it in. it does even register that I plugged in a USB c cable but if I plug in USB-C to USB-A it registers it, I've done the bug reports and I've got nothing. It just mind-boggling.
Options
Galaxy S24
That is strange, have you tried that charger on a different USB-C device to see if it works? Another diagnostic idea, you can download a free apps one that I've used recently from the Google Play store is called charging Master, but it tells you in real time what the current coming into the phone is, and if you use that well the phone is charging with your adapter it can give you clues as to what's going on.