Original topic:

Only charges with usb-c to usb-a, usb-c to usb-c

(Topic created: 04-07-2024 11:46 AM)
Wrench17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a very strange issue going on that started the other day. My phone stopped charging so I tried another cable same thing I tried different power blocks and still the wouldn't charge & wouldn't work for Android auto either. It wasn't until I tried a USB-A to USB-C cable that my phone started charging. I cannot find a setting anywhere to fix the issue so my phone carrier has issued a warranty replacement but I would rather not do that if I can fix it from a setting.

13 Replies
Wrench17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I've tried it on other phones devices. The charging cables and blocks were correctly on them. Thank you for that suggestion. I may go do that.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
No problem, huh I might have to think. So just to be clear you were using a standard block, plugged into the wall or outlet that had a USB to USBC cable running to your phone and now, since that stopped working you are using an adapter. Well I guess it would be a converter from USBC to USB-A. And yeah I'm assuming your phone is USBC charging port so I'm not quite able to picture the converter because the output would be USB-A, which wouldn't plug into your phone.. I wish they would allow the posters to add a photo or maybe they do I don't know I just got here. Oh apparently you can post a picture that would help probably if you could show a picture like just unplug it from the wall coil it up and show the endpoints
0 Likes
Wrench17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
There you go. The picture on the left is the one that works for charging. The picture on the right does not work for charging or Android Auto. This is the strange issue20240407_132129_1000025864_1712521289.jpg
0 Likes
sjjaxon71
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I need the same thing usb c cable. Where did you get yours. The adapters that came with the phone are no good. I'm trying to back up my ph to a usb flash drive. Please help me. Nobody seems to know or understand what I'm talking about. 

0 Likes