Original topic:

Phone Mutes when screen times out while on a call when using headphones

(Topic created: 02-26-2024 11:37 AM)
Spartacusds
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I had a Note 20 ultra but I am now using the S24 Ultra.

When I was using my note it worked perfectly except for the last 6 months.  Anytime I was on a call using a Bluetooth headset or a wired headset, I would set the phone down (face up) while talking.  After 5 minutes the screen would time out for "non use" and go black.  When this happened the phone would automatically mute me.  As soon as I wake the phone, the auto mute would go away and I could continue my call.  This only happened for the last six months of the 4 years I had the phone.  As far as I know I did not change anything it just started happening "for no reason" I could think of.

I recently bought the S24 Ultra and figured with the new phone this problem would go away but it has not.  My new phone does the same thing.

I use Samsung Buds Pro 2, Sony BT headset and a type C plug in wired headset.  It does not matter which one I use, it still happens.  It does not happen when I have the phone up to my ear.

It happens no matter what App I am using, The regular phone dialer, What's app, Google voice .... everything.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

5 Replies
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
You can try changing the settings on call setting under "phone" app
Spartacusds
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

any idea exactly what setting might control this?  I have not found one.

0 Likes
sherryandy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the S24+ and the same thing happens for me. Any helpful info is appreciated.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

That is odd. After your most recent update. Did you try restarting your phone. This normally fixes any kind of irregularities. If you Have already done that. I would recommend testing your phone is Safe Mode. It is possible a 3rd party app is causing this symptom. To do this, follow the steps in the link below. 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

0 Likes
Tgreyg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I work at Verizon and this is an increasingly common issue. Please help. I’ve having to replace phones for free.

0 Likes