Original topic:

Phone doesnt accept 2.1A when empty?

(Topic created: 03-14-2024 02:18 PM)
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So I recently just fully depleted my phone(S24U)'s battery and tried charging it to a 2.1A charger in the car. Now when I plugged it in, it just didnt want to charge and kept showing the charging icon and just didnt want to charge. However, when I switched it to the 1A charger, it just worked. Is there a reason why this is done? Because as far as I know, phones can easily charge on 2.1A, but why does this phone refuse to charge on it?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Does the 1 Amp charger have a different USB cable?

PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Nope, same cable
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there a possibility the charger itself is defective?
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello,

I once experienced this similar issue with my S24 Ultra. No charger could charge it, even when I tried Wireless charging nothing happened.

A simple reboot of the phone made the trick for me. Of course I got really nervous before fixing it lol.
Options
Galaxy S24
Leave it plugged in uninterrupted for about 20 mins and it will turn on. When the battery is fully depleted it can take some time to come back to life.
0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Which doesn't make sense. It's a 2.1A charger. It should charge quicker, but when I tried it, it just refused to charge. For it to have at least 1 percent, it only takes a couple of minutes, and that's what happened when I switched to 1A.
0 Likes