Original topic:

Post February 1, 2024 Update Screen Issues

(Topic created: 02-23-2024 09:55 AM)
Rhinotsoplots
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
The recent update from Samsung has successfully addressed several critical issues, including enhancements in vivid mode and fixing various camera bugs. This progress is commendable and reflects Samsung's commitment to improving user experiences.

However, it's imperative that Samsung addresses the unresolved issue of the grainy display in dark mode and at low brightness. This problem, persisting even after the recent update, demands attention. Samsung should either provide a definitive software update to rectify this or offer warranty screen replacements for the affected devices. As customers, we expect proactive solutions from Samsung for such significant concerns, ensuring the high standards of quality and user experience that the brand is known for.
9 Replies
GrainyPixels
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I'll be addressing my grainy display issue by returning the phone for a refund. It's a great phone, but seeing these grainy display posts deleted or merged with unrelated threads is disappointing.
Rhinotsoplots
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yep, they deleted/merged/hid my previous posts about this issue before the update. This is a post update issue, so let's see what excuse they can use to remove my post this time.
Mansour
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Or they can offer us to change the display by new one  with older, not gorilla armor, that i think is the faulty one

userKwzSPQZ93s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I am sure this thread will be deleted too.  All the more evidence of Samsung knowingly hiding this issue.  Here is my S23U vs my S24U watching the same scene from The Bat-Man on YouTube, same brightness, post update, etc.  The S23U on the top was clear.  The S24U on the bottom was a grainy mess.  It looked even worse in person than I could capture on video.  Samsung needs to acknowledge this and fix it!

20240223_095732.jpg

Mansour
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

They have to change the display. It's so awful!!! My eyes hurt too much,, i prefer my old note 10 plus!!!

YdoesMyS24UHaveGrain
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Support just told me its not a software issue, but they also said it would be fixed via update. Getting mixed signals
xClintx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Idk how true it is, but I read it was designed to make images look more natural as opposed to artificially vibrant. I upgraded from a s21u, saw an image I had on each phone, couldn't believe how bad it looked by comparison on the s24u. Also really disappointed in how weak the speaker is compared to the s21u, too.

Also don't know what update came out that supposedly fixed the vibrancy issue, but it still looks dull on mine.

YdoesMyS24UHaveGrain
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
They just deleted 2 of my posts regarding the issues and threatened a ban. I really dont think its looking good for us...
andre68
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Just recently purchased a Galaxy A91 + . Recently received updated from Samsung. Now I notice the burn in on right side of tablet screen. They grayed out the information board and switched to left side. So now what? Stuck with burn in in screen on right upper corner.