Original topic:

Questions about the AI translation

(Topic created: 03-10-2024 03:33 PM)
ImDanny1998x
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi!

So I'm pretty interested in buying this phone (the normal S24) mainly for the AI translation as I'll be moving to Montreal and despite I can have a conversation in French here and there I still struggle specially in the listening part, so I have been thinking to buy this phone to get like assistance, specially when im on a phone call. My questions are despite what are your experiences with this, if this has made things way easier for you that if I can deactivate the AI voice specially when im speaking on the phone? Like it only shows me the translation of what they're saying and it's me who answers. Not only I want to learn to speak said language by myself also it would sound weird for me and for them that a robotic voice would get in the way. I'm literally paying 1000 Canadian dollars mostly for this, I have a S21 which I still love it but unfortunately as far as I have understand it won't get such feature which is sad.

So in short words I want to get by in a city which language I still struggle to understand and I think of this phone as some sort of personal translator/interpreter but that I also get the option that it won't do all the job as I want to speak said language by myself.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello,

I personally own a S24 Ultra and these are the options you have for Live-translate calls (see photo attached). I think it will fulfill your needs.

About buying the phone, Have you thought about trading in your current phone so you have to pay less? You can do this on the Samsung official web. You'll receive credit for your old phone, and you'll get the new one and you can transfer all your data and then send them your old phone. Very convenient, that is how I got my S24 Ultra.
1710111658339.jpg
0 Likes
DeborahZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I tried translation on a family member now I can't turn it off? How can I get it it not to appear anymore.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

Settings >

Advanced Features >

Advanced Intelligence >

Choose Phone  or

Keyboard (Chat Translation) >

Turn Off.

0 Likes