Original topic:

Recent Apps function has changed

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 12:25 AM)
dwreck68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

i really really don't like how on the s24 ultra, while in the recent apps screen, how when you touch outside of the apps it pulls the last ap up instead of backing you out to the homepage and leavung those soos half open. have yo hit close alk now yo back out. they added a step. they added steps to a lot of functions. why do they do this?its like they dont use their own oroduct because if they did, how would they think this is better?

7 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
This isn't new. My old S10e with OneUI 4.1 does the same thing. I never noticed it until I saw your post.
dwreck68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine was not like that. And you probably just updated so it does it now but you didn't notice before because it didn't do it before. Think back. Youd have all your recent apps there but wanted to go whatever, check email or something that wasn't open so you'd touch the screen outside of the reduced size apps in a line and that touch backed you out to the home screen where you could then go to whatever app. Like if you're signing in to something and needed a code from email. You'd leave that app while you went to grab the code by swiping up to put the app in recent app screen, then touch anywhere on screen,outs ide of the half open apps and then you'd be on your home screen. Now, you swipe to put it in recents but you don't want to close it because then you lose everything you did before it wanted a code. Now when you try to leave that sitting there while you go get the code you're stuck because when you touch the screen, that last open app pops up. You shrink or and touch further away but it pops back up. You had one minute to get the code, now you have 30 seconds but when you swipe the app into the recents to wait for the code, it pops back up when you try to leave the recents by touching the screen, as You've probably dine a thousand times. Now you have 15 seconds. Doesn't matter, your stuck unless you hit close all but then you lose your info and start the circle of stupidness again. The last thing you need is for that to happen. You're leaving that app for a reason why do they think you want it back on the next touch. Just poor thinkung.
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
My S10e, as I mentioned, is OLD. The S10 line was manufactured in 2019. Samsung stopped updating those phones in 2022. There have been no "recent" updates to the operating system and there won't ever be any more. No features have changed on my S10e in at least 2 years. That's why I used it for a comparison.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
This isn't an S24 specific function. My S22 Ultra dies the same. I never noticed it because I always just use a swipewipe gesture to go to the home screen. It seems that this is intended behavior
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Install Samsung Goodlock and use the HomeUp module to change the layout of recent apps and behavior.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Just do the home gesture when you're in the recent apps screen.
0 Likes
snarevox
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

have you tried the "home up" module for samsungs goodlock app??

it offers multiple different styles of recent apps list to choose from, with each style having multiple different configurations.

ps: you might also want to look into the spell check setting for whichever keyboard it is you use. your spelling is so atrocious, im not even really sure i understand what you are trying to ask.

0 Likes